LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sakthivelu Ramanujam   22 August 2020

prooerty through will

my father tranferred all his properties to me through a will.can my son claim a share in that?


 6 Replies

jayantha   22 August 2020

If your father has given share to your son in will, then your son can claim it

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 August 2020

No.after demise of your father,all his bequeathed properties will be deemed your self acquIred properties.

ravi yudha (ceo, non-profit org)     22 August 2020

no your son can't claim. Unless he is able to prove that the property was ancestral and your father had no rights to write the will.

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 August 2020

Originally posted by : Sakthivelu Ramanujam
my father tranferred all his properties to me through a will.can my son claim a share in that?


1. Property received by you thru a undisputed WILL of Father, will become your Self-Acquired property for all futuristic legal purposes for Sale /Gift /Transfer /Donate /Will /Mortgage/ whatever..... without any legal reference to your legal heirs.

2. Said Self-Acquired Property CANNOT be claim by your Children, till you are alive. However IF children can prove that you have become mentally unstable /deranged, THEN they can claim all your properties, during your life time, by following due procedures of law.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Sakthivelu Ramanujam   22 August 2020

Thank you all, the property in the will of my father is not was self acquired by my father...

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 August 2020

So you have full rights over the property and no one can claim it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query