LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendra Parmar   05 July 2021

Process of Interim Bail application

my friend BA Rejected by CMM at Mumbai session court also rejected BA u/s 420 of IPC ....
according to arnesh kumar vs state of Bihar judgement could my friend will get bail.......
Chargesheet yet not filled by IO .......
or I wait fOr chargesheet ???
actually what is interim bail application is it ?? similar to regular bail application or it have different concept ??? pls say my friend is In JC from past 2 months ????
I will be highly obliged if any one can guide me .......

Learning

2 Replies

srishti jain   08 July 2021

Sections 436 to 450 CrPC, deals with the provisions relating to bail and bonds. The provisions of Section 437 and 439 CrPC, provides for the grant of regular bail by Magistrate and by Sessions and High Court. Section 438 CrPC, deals with the provisions relating to the grant of anticipatory bail by the Courts of Sessions and High Court.

Courts in India works on the principle, "Grant of bail is a rule and refusal is an exception’’ The rationale for this is that an accused person who is free is in a much better position to handle his case and effectively defend himself than someone who is in jail.

Interim bail is a means to safeguard the person’s reputation, till the adjudication on the main application of bail. The grant or refusal of bail is dependent on the discretion of the Court.

When a bail application is submitted with a High Court or the Supreme Court, it needs certain documents from the lower courts, such as the charge sheet, certified copies of the documents, the case diary, etc, to make a final decision. Procurement of these documents requires time. In such cases, the accused can seek interim bail to avoid going to jail for the time being until the court procures the documents from the lower court.

Interim bail is a temporary bail granted until the court takes its final decision regarding the bail. The court, may grant permanent bail, extend the interim bail, or reject the current bail application.

Surendra Parmar   08 July 2021

srishti ji
IO will file Chargesheet tomorrow can I file bail application tomorrow in CMM at Mumbai for bail to get out my friend from jail...
could magistrate will pass the order for bail what do u think ....... IO hve no got any single proof regarding to with my friend ....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register