Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

INDRA PRASAD (n/a)     16 July 2010

Procedure to transfer property to daughter

Hello Team,

My grandfather wants to handover the residential property to his daughter, he as 3 sons one person is opposing this and 2 are not in touch from last 15 years,

It's a small plot and my grand parents are at the end of their life's journey, since my mother is caring they want to name the property in her name but the village people are proposing a temple their since few of them have acquired few square feet for compound.

Please let me know the best way to transfer the property to my mother.

Thanks in anticipation, Prasad.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     16 July 2010

They can execute a gift deed in favor of their daughter inspite of the opposition of the son, if it is their self acquired property.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     16 July 2010

If the plot is self acquired your grandparents can will or gift the same to their daughter, however, get the will registered (although optional) to avoid possible litigation and if they wish to give it through a gift deed then it has to be statutorily registered under law.

INDRA PRASAD (n/a)     23 July 2010

Thanks Ms.Archana and Mr.Vishal for your reply,

I have recieved a  gift deed (signed by taluk Registrar  office) and the same copy as been submitted to village panchayat , is their anything else which i have to complete, meanwhile let me ask i have not recieved any PATTA in my mother's name is it needed, please let me know the procedure to get the patta based on gift deed.

i have a very rough idea about PATTA and gift deed if my question seems to be absurd, please excuse me.

Regards,

Prasad

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     23 July 2010

hi, advocat archana give a proper answer.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 July 2010

I did not get your post mr bharat, was there anything improper in my answer?

vivek dhavalikar (advocate high court.)     24 July 2010

hypothecate the property to bank and obtain max loan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register