LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (Accountant)     17 September 2009

procedure to join in union

Dear sir

We have only 2 staffs in chennai branch

My management is not provinding proper facility / benefits to me because i am only a Asst. Executive

can I join in trade union

what is the procedure

Kinldy  guide me?









































































































































































 7 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     18 September 2009

It may create further problems for you. You might be victimised by the employer. 

1 Like

jagadish paranjape (Advocate)     23 September 2009

Your establishment being very small,an internal union can not be you may have to join outside trade union.Being an Asst. executive,you may not fit in to definition of workman under I.D.Act 1947.Unless your job profile is perused,it is not possible to say as to which labour laws are applicable to you.Therefore joining union may not offer you any advantage,but may bar your fufure chances of promotion in managerial cadre.If you are in supervisor,administrative,managerial cadre,the union will not be able to do anything for you.

1 Like

sangram (service)     23 September 2009

Mr. Sriniwas,

Pls go through the defination of workemen as per given in Factories Act, 1948, as per your profile u will find in which category you will fall.

My personal advise is union is not an answer for all, talk to your seniors conveince them about your problems that will be the real solution

1 Like

srinivas (Accountant)     23 September 2009

Thanking You all for your valuable suggestions and reply.



Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     23 September 2009

i m also agree with singh's view that It may create further problems for you.

Suresh C Mishra (advocate)     28 September 2009

 NO  i am agree with the suggestion that taking a mebership will cause you problems but in order to settle a grievance you can choose an honenst Union which can lead your matter honently and diligently but formatiion of a new union will not be benefited you because it will take two years to raise your demand , you have to join a union by filing a simple form of membership by paying subscription as proviede in the bye laws .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register