LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjeet (f)     02 May 2013

Procedure to get the order to change the dob in passport

Hi I have applied for reissue the passport with my correct DOB but passport authority has generate the objection to submit the court order for change the date of birth. Actually the first passport which was making by my father has mentioned wrong date of birth.

Please note I have order copy by SDM, Birth certificate, Ration Card, Pan card, School Certificate which were showing my correct date of birth. So finally please let me know the procedure to get the order by court to change the DOB in my passport. Thanks Manjeet

Learning

1 Replies

alexander (nil)     02 June 2013

Where were you born.  Your Date of Birth must have beenrecorded  in the following three places

(a) In the Hospital of your Birth,

(b) In the Municipasl Committee office wheere all birtthsand deaths   are recorded and this is a mandatory requiement.

(c) in the Birth and Deaths Register maintained at the GRAM SABHA if you were  born in a village

( d)  Pl note that THE BORTH CERTIFICATE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT. IT BESTOWS ON THE NEWLY BORN ALL THE RIGHTS AND THE PROTECTION GUARANTEED BY THE INDIAN CONSTITUTION. IT GIVES YOU YOUR NAME, YOUR BODY WEIGHT AT BIRTH. ANY MEDICAL DISABILITY NOTICED AT THE TIME OF BIRTH, BIRTH MARK ON THE BODY IF ANY.

*e)  It tells you your date ,time and place  of birth

(f) it tells you of your rellgion

(h) It tells you the nasmes,ages,educational qualifications of your parents.

This is the Primary Evidence for your being aCitizen of India.Without a birth certificate a  person is technically not an Indiasn

Birth Certificate is the Primary Document  and all other documents loke the PASPORT,PAN Card,ADHASR card,Voter ID Card  etc etc have their authority in the Birth Certificate.

So try and get the Birth Certifacate then along the SDM's certificate file a  Specifivc Declaration suit  in the District Court.

You could also send an application under Right to Information Act  of 2005 to the concerned Passport office to let you know what formalities they expect  you to complete

Dr Anand Gupta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register