Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nlr (na)     17 June 2012

Procedure to apply for fair rent by landlord??

We own a commercial property with several tenants in it who have been occupying it for 20-25 years. Rents started at Rs 800 and in all these years , at a 10% enhancement every two years, we are receiving Rs.2420 per month. This is in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. This is prime highway facing property in a area that has developed tremendously in the last 8-10 years.

Given the recent drastic escalation of property taxes and inflation and hike in property values, we are finding it difficult to subsist with the amount being paid to us now.

We are trying to talk to them, but they are forming groups and making it very difficult to negotiate a reasonable amount. Nobody wants to leave the premises either.

What is the detailed procedure to apply for fair rental? Whom do we approach for this? None of the rental deeds are registered.

We plan to negotiate to the best possible and execute fresh registered rental agreements and then apply for fair rental evaluation. What would be the time span to go throught his process?

Also, is a rental agreement given to one individual inheritable by his successors and legal heirs?

Would appreciate your learned advise.

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

nlr (na)     02 September 2012

Can someone pls respond?

Radesh (Estimator)     02 September 2012

hi,

I am from Bangalore and my situation is somewhat similar to yours, have asked for eviction of the tenant since he is paying rs.650.00 whereas the taxes i pay are very huge and also since it is a commercial property and is in the heart of the city the rents in the adjoining buildings on the same street for the same size of the property they are getting rs.300,000.00pm

I have a eviction order from the lower court, but my tenant has gone to the supreme court and got a stay on it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register