LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naga Balaji (Law Student.)     18 September 2011

Procedure for filing the complaint if police refuses?

Suppose if I had given a criminal complaint against a person who is so rich. The Polce refuses to file the case as he is an influencial person.

At this instance is there any legal remedy?

if there is a legal remedy, what would be the procedure for the same?


 7 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     18 September 2011

If your complaint is refused at station level you can lodge your complaint with Superintendent of Police of your district or you can file a private complaint in the court (see chapter xv of Cr.p.c)

1 Like

Vijay Kamble (Advocate, Mumbai)     18 September 2011

giv writn complaint to Sr. P.I. of Concern Polc Stn,  Commissioner, and if police stl nt registr d complaint thn get d ordr of 156 (3) for cognigbl offnc. or file prvt cmplnt in d court.

2 Like

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     19 September 2011

I have stopped going to police station for years. It is pure harrassment, waste of time and they twist the matter as they like because they handwrite in Marathi and not easily allow to read and will ask you to sign. I just type complaint on letterhead and send it thru a peon to the writer ( as they call it here in Mumbai). They will make him run about, ask him to get signature of a senior, say they r busy, on lunch etcc and avoid taking letter. He is trained to bear it all and trained to insist on sign and rubber stamp. 

After 15 days I file an RTI appliaction asking the action taken on my complaint . And thereafter they wake up. Legally unless urgent no need to go to police station or anywhere personally. Send a letter by hand delivery or registered post. In most cases online complaining is also allowed but in indian condition most often there site will not work. 

1 Like

AugustPunitha (lawyer)     19 September 2011

 you can also send a registered complaint with aknowledgement to  concern police station ,superintendent of police ,Commissioner of poice and CMcell .You can file a private complaint in the court.

Ganga Dhar (Junior Advocate)     19 September 2011

Dear Tranquility and all respected advocates, please don't forget that we are Indians living in India. CrPC section 156(3) is also a wastage of energy and time because ultiimately it has to come back to police and if police submits FR (Final report) that he did not find any truth in the complain then you have no chance to do the needful.

Police rules the roost in India and influentials are always influentials, so please don't put yourself in another trouble. I dont suggest you to be coward but remember if somebody attempt to kill you then our honorable Supreme court suggests to run away like cowards because if you retaliate and kill him then you have to face the music under 302 IPC.

Have faith on the god but not on the Indian law because in India laws are made for the meek and submissive.

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     20 September 2011


read 154-156(3) Crpc in detailed and you get your answer.

only think about Mr. Ganga Dhar's Comments.

Pranav S. Thakkar (advocate)     02 October 2011

154(3) ofCrPC relates with remedy to refuse complaint...... is only option!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register