LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Shukla (Teacher)     31 May 2014

Procedure during cross examination

During my cross examination in a civil suit, I intend to expose some of the defendants and their lawyers as well. From my observations, I have found that many such individuals are intimately connected with real estate agents or land sharks and are trying to mislead the court by feigning innocence. I am also of the opinion that some of their lawyers are also guilty of poaching or trying to inflence my lawyers. Some of them are also affiliated to a particular political party. As such I am wary that that they may use their privileged positions to launch counter suits against me.

Therefore, I was interested to know whether I could seek "immunity from prosecution on the basis of my disclosures" from the learned court before embarking on my mission to expose these individuals. Is such a provision available for civil matters? If not are there any alternate suggestions?   

Learning

1 Replies

Arvind Manghirmalani (Advocate High court Bombay Trained mediator 91-9869617090 9594255075)     01 June 2014

Be fearless during Cross Examination. Let Truth prevails . Don't worry about the counter suits. there is no provision relating to immunity to witness for expressing truth during cross examination. Some person have to expose wrong doers, then why not you ? and that also by a teacher. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register