Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditi (N/A)     26 December 2011

Private road converted by village panchayat

Dear Forum Members,

I have couple few questions related to the case of private mud road (16ft wide and 300ft length) getting converted as thar road by village panchayat without notifying the actual owners.  Is it legal?

1. How can they develop the road which belongs to private party?

2. No consent or acquisition notice was given to the landlord. How can they say it's government road?

3. The work of laying thar has already been completed while i was out of station. I learned this incident when i returned home. How can i proceed on this matter now?

Thanks for any immediate reply.

-Aditi

Learning

2 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     27 December 2011

aDITI, 

wHEREABOUT IT IS??

cONSULT A LOCAL lAWYER, AND gRAM pANCHAYAT mEMBERS AND DISCUSS FIRST, THEN TAKE ACTION. 

Aditi (N/A)     28 December 2011

Thanks sir, for your inputs.

Its in Tamilnadu. Yes, i had discussed the matter with VAO and panchayat president. But no fruitful answer though the VAO record shows only private parties as owners. The VAO added that possibly the president would have done it orally thinking that no one will oppose as this is concerned with the welfare of people. The president says its government land so we had laid the thar road. I had requested him to adjust in such a way that we can also commute from the end of the thar road as at the tip it stands at 3 ft tall which makes it tough to get into our land.  But the president denies and asks us to take care of it in our land as government will not develop private lands. I do not understand how government could develop 200mts in a private land?

How a president can be one sided.. taking care of welfare of part of public.!!! How can we proceed legally  with this matter? Is it under illigal land acquisition? or any other code underwhich this case can be proceeded? This will not give an immediate remedy though. How can i commute until the case gets settled.

-Aditi 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register