LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muralidhar Mysore (Retired)     18 August 2015

privacy breached - bank a/c details

Respected Attorneys, Thanks for all your help and to particularly for the physically challenged persons. I am a blind man and my wife who is a very normal person has instituted a DV (section 12 read with 17) case in the year 2010 after deserting me in 1997 (married in 1996). She harassed me all through, with maintenance case, even stayed my terminal benefit and took 60% of my terminal benefit, the job that I lost (medical termination). I could not fight the divorce case that I instituted due to bad health and economic crisis and in between I lost my parents too. She married me just for the sake of money ( I had a job in HAL) and with an eye on the self earned house of my father. But my father, knowing her intentions has gifted the house to my sister through a registered gift deed during his life time (died on 31.12.2009). I now live with my younger sister who is looking after very well in every way. She has also roped up my younger sisters in the DV Case, as R2 and R3, who are in no way connected to this case. God is great, her interim application for shared accommodation & protections order were turned down. The case is in progress. Most importantly, my petitioner wife has tried to catch hold of xerox copy of my bank account extract from my account at State Bank of Hyderabad by fraudulent means for the year 2003-04 and tried to place it before the Hon Court but the Hon ble judge refused to entertain it asking the petitioner wife to get an certified copy of the account extract. But, the most surprising thing was how did this petitioner wife managed to get a copy of the statement of account when even the Bank has said that they have not issued one as it is invasion of the privacy of the third party accounts. Cleverly, now, my petitioner wife has tried to push an application to the court, enclosing the xerox copy of the the extract of bank account of my mine connecting it the house hold property. KINDLY ADVISE US AS TO HOW CAN I TAKE IT UP WITH THE BANK FOR NOT PROTECTING MY PRIVACY WHICH HAS BEEN BREACHED BY THE PETITIONER AND HOW CAN I APPROACH THE COURT TO PROSECUTE MY PETITIONER WIFE THROUGH THE COURT AND UNDER WHAT SECTION.ETC., As a blind man would request you to send me a basic legal draft both to bank and an complaint to the court so that this my petitioner wife is taught a lesson, and that would also goes to prove that she cheated through through to harass the husband and his family members. SIRS PLS HELP THIS BLIND MAN regards


 7 Replies

jack (nothing)     19 August 2015

Experts, plz help him.



I presume U are helping him out , a good gesture.Well no bank can give account details to a third party,unless authorised by the account holder.It is a breach of trust by the bank.It can be reported to the banking ambudsman.Now that the wife has submitted the account statement in the court it becomes an official document.Hence UR friend should complain regarding the same to the higher authorities immeditely.His lawyer can submit a memo in the court as to how she secured the account statement from the bank.

jack (nothing)     20 August 2015

Thanks, whether he need to complain to ambudsman or file a case in court on bank and wife as accused? Or both? If in court what are the sections he need to mention? If he file memo judge simply ignores that is what my feeling. If you explain clearly this may help others also.

Muralidhar Mysore (Retired)     20 August 2015

Thanks for your kind concern & support to this blind man. With your specific help my case becomes much stronger to prove my petitioner wife is a fraud. I am disgusted in life sir. But for my younger sister I would hv been in streets. Pls help me respected sirs. Respectful regards.

jack (nothing)     25 August 2015

It looks we don't have banking law experts brother. Sorry even I don't know.

Muralidhar Mysore (Retired)     26 August 2015

Thanks jack, God bless you.

smart jain   17 March 2020

sir... what can bank do against the employee in such situation... will they terminate him from job

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register