previous year itr

Pl help..........Can i file the ITR for last two previous years ( for loan purpose).


Sec139 {1}: if gross total income exceeds Rs.160000/pa ITR should be filed.

It is felt that you can file for last two years up to 31.03.2013

The assessing officer may not levy any penalty {under Sec271F –Rs.5000/ per return} if there is no tax liability.

Form 16 is accepted for loan application. The lender can also guide you on documentation required and acceptable to it. If there has been no tax liability in last two years you may submit form 16 and start filing ITR now onwards.

Being a doctor your income may increase. It is better to keep a seasoned Income Tax lawyer, CA to advice. If you have one he shall help you to file your returns. GIve him detail of income from all resources including interest from salalry a/c, FDR's etc.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.


Thank you for your valuable advice.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x