LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Savitha   07 September 2015

Pre marriage expenses claiming

Hello frnds,I need an letter format for claiming our expenditures incurred during marriage that was to be held in December 2015 , as the guy called off the marriage stating he is no more interested to marry my sister. And I being a sister of the bride, have already booked in advance for the wedding. The guy did not even spent a penny from his side ..n we spent around 6lacs approx .. kindly advice n suggest ..what can be done.

Learning

3 Replies

Jothish Kumar (Consultant)     07 September 2015

You will not get the pre marriage expenses, unless you have concrete proof  of  the expenses ie payment made through bank instruments, bills etc.... if you have any such things,  file a civil petition and/or Criminal through an advocate. He will draft it for you. you cannot except same thing from here. Also you had the  proof of the engagement or their concurrence to the marriage.You will not get the pre marriage expenses, unless you have concrete proof  of  the expenses ie payment made through bank instruments, bills etc.... if you have any such things,  file a civil petition and/or Criminal through an advocate. He will draft it for you. you cannot except same thing from here. Also you had the  proof of the engagement or their concurrence to the marriage.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2015

SInce he promised marriage you made arrangement.  His ocnsent of such expenditure is implied.  You must claim damages.

What is the reason that he gave for refusal (such refusals are generally dowry based but can be other reasns as well)  Pease specify the same.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2015

wht is profession of the boy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register