LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishnarajpr (n/a)     18 August 2010

Power of Attorney by NRI for purchase of land in INDIA -

Respected Seniors,


Would like to know the procedure involved in getting a power of attorney from the daughter who is working in USA (WISCONCIN STATE) for the past two years. She is not an NRI.  The power is to be given to her father in India.

Please do the neeful.

Krishnaraj P R



 2 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 August 2010

Even NRI can execute POA to be executed in India, and she is not even NRI  as you said and you know NRI can not be in India for more than 6 months in a year, and she has to execute POA for her father who is in India from America, so why this doubt with the POA? Even SBI has started giving loans to NRI without having to come to india for the loan so no need to doubt the POA to be given to her father.

krishnarajpr (n/a)     18 August 2010

Dear Member, thank you for your information on my querry. But I need to know the exact procedure involved like whether it needs to written on plain paper, to be got attested  by any lawyer/counsulate at USA and what steps to be taken in India, whether it need any seal at US consulate at India.


Krishnaraj P R

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register