LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravinder Saini (vp)     29 April 2013

Power of attorney

I purchased a flat from the original owner through notarised GPA in Noida in 2001. The electricity connection and water connection still continue to be in the name of the original owner. I have been told that to get these connectiuons converted to my name, I must get the flat registered from Noida Authority in my name by paying appropriate stamp duty. This is quite a big expense for me. Can some one help in knowing the following:

1) Is it possible to get the water and power connection converted to my name with out registration?

2) What problems I may face in future if I do not get the flat registered in my name and continue with GPA documentation only?


 1 Replies

ahmed (document writer)     30 April 2013

dear ravinder 

      it is necessary to registered the document in your name becasue GPA unregistered document is not the title of property u cannot transfer any name in the records, purchasing the property without registered document it means any one can create problem in future and the SC already passed an order no to entertain GPA as document of property.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads