Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja (None)     19 February 2013

Power of attorney

Hi,

I am about to purchase a property in chennai. The real state agent has a Power of Attorney registered in chennai but the principal a resident of Delhi. I want to know if this Power of attorney is valid. I had heard that the power of attorney has to be registed in the city of residence of the Principal

Regards,

Learning

3 Replies

sahil kumar (cosultancy)     19 February 2013

No as on date by the order of Supreme court clean title will be transferred through registered sale deed only. Power of attorney will not give you full rights in the property.

Raja (None)     21 February 2013

Sir,

i wanted to know if the Power of attorney is valid as the residence of the Principle is Delhi and the same residential address is put on the power of attorney.

But the power of attorney is executed at registrar office in chennai. I got information that the power of Attorney is null and void as it needs to be executed in the subregistrar office in area of residence of the Principle executing the power of attorney

Regards,

sahil kumar (cosultancy)     21 February 2013

POA OF IMMOVABLE PROPERTY IS EXECUTED AT THE PLACE WHERE THAT PROPERTY IS LOCATED OR  THE AREA OF RESIDENCE OF THE  OWNER OF THE SAID PROPERTY.

BUT PLS CHECK AS WHAT EVER IHAVE READ NOW IF TITLE WILL NOT BE CLEAR THROUGH POA REGISTERED SALE DEED IS  MANDATORY.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register