LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (Consultant)     09 November 2011

Power of attorney


Need you help and advice.

I am currently in US and I wanted to sell my property in Gaziabad UP.

Can I make general - Power of attorney in the name of my father-in-law to sell the property?

If yes then, I am also intrested in getting POA document which I can use to fill and send to my father-in-law.  Where can I get the POA document? Please help.




 10 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 November 2011

PA is compulsorily registrable document.

1 Like

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     09 November 2011

Dear Mr.Sanjay,

POA can be given to your father, as you stay in US you can get the POA document legalized or Notarized from USA .


1 Like

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     09 November 2011

Dear Sanjay,

Moreover, after obtaining the POA notarised in USA, the same have to be adjudicated for stamp duty in the District Registrar in India within three months from the date of receipt of the POA in India.  Hence the POA can be typed in the plain and standard paper size.

1 Like

T.K.VENKATARAMAN (Advocate)     09 November 2011

Mr Gopalakrishnan is right and i agree with his opinion. If you want give the complete details of the prorerty and  the name of the person to whom you are going to give power .I will send you a complete draft 

1 Like

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     09 November 2011

i agreed Mr. T.K.Venkatraman and Mr. Gopalakrishnan's statement

1 Like

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     10 November 2011

I too agree with Mr.Gopalakrishanan and Venkatraman
1 Like

Sanjay (Consultant)     10 November 2011

Thank you all for you reply - truly appreciate that !! 

Please note I want to give the POA to my father in law not to may father  - please advice.

vijay tangade (directorq)     10 November 2011

main clause in POA is all sale proceeds (money) is deposited in u r account and not a father-in-laws a/c  and another point is u r liable for Tax deducted at sources ( T.D.S.)  and capital gain is arrises for liable for capital gain tax in income tax point of view

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     10 November 2011

As per recent sc citation the POA to father in law will be doubtful if father is alive.

1 Like

Rudra Kumar Dey (Advocate In Supreme Court of India)     10 November 2011

Boss! as per as immovavble  property at Ghaziabad (U.P.) is concern,  POA to blood relation only is allowed so watch out. Other formalities through embassy and stamp duties remain same.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register