LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lovely Nation   24 July 2021

power of attorney

my father who has special power of attorney died can i continue the case with new power of atorney in my name or what to do further


 2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     24 July 2021

Yes, you can continue case  but you have to obtain Poa from principal.

1 Like

srishti jain   26 July 2021

As per your query,

The person appointed power of attorney has the legal right to make financial, medical, or legal decisions on the principal’s behalf.

A power of attorney is terminated in the case where the principal or the agent of the POA dies. If no alternate has been named, then a new POA has to be signed. If the person giving the POA is incapacitated, then you may need to go and get guardianship and a conservatorship established.

Hope it helps,



1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register