LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saikat (B Tech)     12 February 2010


NOTARIZED power of attorney is sufficient to sell or lease some property by registry?or the power of attorney has to be registered ?

Pls help


 5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 February 2010

POA has to be registered. You cannot get it done through Notery.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     12 February 2010

POA is not compulsorily to be registered.  Find attached the relevant judgment on this.

Attached File : 30 30 poa judgment.pdf downloaded: 190 times
1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 February 2010

If the POA is executed in the name of blood relatives hen registration is not necessary, otherwise it is mandatory

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     13 February 2010

Thanks for correcting me Rajeev ji and Krishna ji..   :)

1 Like

Saikat (B Tech)     13 February 2010

here the POA is supposed to be gives to own brother and it ll be used to lease the property and not for I can get it notarized?there ll not be any problem na?I ll get the lease registered.

What is the maximum limit of giving lease in terms of years?999 (nine hundred ninty-nine ) years lease is possible?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register