LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guruprasad (Lead)     25 April 2022

point mentioned in one of the compromise decree

Hi All,

There is a point mentioned in one of the compromise decree between my wife and brother in law that my wife doesn't have any relationship except blood relationship. Now my mother in law is passed away year ago so shall my wife has right to get share against the properties of my mother in law not mentioned in the compromise decree.


 2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 April 2022

Your wife has legal right to get share in the properties left by your mother in law Compromise decree does not bounf to your wife to get her share. 

shraddha Easwaran   26 April 2022

Dear querist,

The answer to your question is that a compromise decree is not a court order; rather, it is the court's acceptance of something that the parties themselves had agreed on. Prior to the 1976 modification to the Civil Procedure Code, a compromise decree may only be granted in the case of a lawsuit.The compromise in the decree would stand still, and your wife would get her part or share of the property. She has a legal right to claim her share from her mother-in-law.



Click this link to read more about the compromise decree-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register