Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govindarajan S   10 June 2022

Poa by son to widowed mother on res land property

In a family of three, husband died intestate, leaving behind a residential land plot. Son proceeds overseas for pursuing post graduation, renouncing his claim on land property in favour of widowed mother, for her living security. Can he state his no claim on the property and grant a POA in favour of  mother to sell it? A family tree certificate is issued by Govt dept certifying only two surviving members of family.


 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2022

He can give the PoA. 

But relinquishing his reghts is possible only through a duly executed deed. If such a deed is executed there is no need for any PoA.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     17 June 2022

POA or Relinquishing Deed, only one of them is enough, POA or Relinquishing Deed is required only if the Mother wishes to sell the property. Otherwise, the property may continue to be in the joint name of Mother and Son.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query