LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv Sharma   28 August 2017

Poa

Sir, I am going to but a piece of land at HP which is my native place too. I work outside HP and due to work commitments, currently, I cannot go for registry of land. I am planning to execute POA document to authorize my father-in-law to complete the registration process on my behalf. My questions- 1) whether once the registry is over, do I need to issue revoke POA or the POA automatically terminates once specified transaction is over? 2) Since my signature would not be there on the registry paper due to POA arrangement, can I still sell the property as if I am full owner?

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     28 August 2017

Spare some time for registry. So far POA is concern then execute specific power of attorney in favour of your father in law I.. For purchasing land and to execute sale deed as your attorney and on complete of assigned work PIA shall expire automatically. In future you shall have no hassle to sell the land or to deal with the land.
1 Like

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     28 August 2017

Spare some time for registry. So far POA is concern then execute specific power of attorney in favour of your father in law I.. For purchasing land and to execute sale deed as your attorney and on complete of assigned work PIA shall expire automatically. In future you shall have no hassle to sell the land or to deal with the land.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     28 August 2017

It will be better instead of GPA you execute special power of attorney in favour of your fil , after purchasing the land and executing the sale deed the SPA will automatically expired , in future there will be no problem arise while you sell that property .
1 Like

Rajiv Sharma   28 August 2017

Thanks Sirs for your quick response. Its really helpful!! I have one follow-up question in this regard

Do I also need to register the SPoA at court along with notery attestation? I live in Dwarka, New Delhi and land deal will happen at Kangra, HP.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register