Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (none)     02 November 2013

Pls help.what are offences which are not covered under ipc.

What are the the offences which are not covered under Indian Penal Code, 1860.

Sir I read in Section 26 (i),(ii) : other than offences under IPC for any offence under any other law, , only the court mentioned in this behalf under such law, can try such offences. When no court is mentioned, then the offence may be tried by-

a. High court.

b. any other court by which such offence is shown in first schedule to be triable.

I din't get "what are the offences under IPC" meant. That's why I asked this questioned. Sorry for not mentioning everything in detail. Thank you.

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 November 2013

a lot manyscuh offences are there.  but what is your query

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 November 2013

What is that you wanted to know, be specific in your question. There are various criminal laws along with Indian Penal Code. Each criminal law  has got its own set of procedure to deal with the offence committed within the said ambit, so be clear  as to what is your query or what do you want to clarify?

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     02 November 2013

Let it be clarified from you that what is an "Offence"  All offences should be covered under IPC.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 November 2013

read all criminal or civil acts

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     02 November 2013

Very good academic question !!

1. For example take cheque bounce under S.138 of Ni Act, this is not an IPC offense but falls in the category which you are referring to.

2. There are many non IPC listed offenses you would find in many acts and statues of government, like Negotiable Instrument Act, Sales tax Act, Excise Act, IT Act,  even information technology and cyber crime, Even Contempt of Court. Trial for these offenses is governed by such act and CrPC.

3. There are so many state and central acts (please refer to them) and many of them have criminality provisions not explicitly stated in IPC.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 November 2013

rather every civil statute has a penal clause. almost every act paves door to jail if violated.  what do you want to know.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register