Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikram singh (advocate)     02 July 2009

pls help urg/imp

dear all how r u,

can a  news  ratainer on contract basis in a news paper establishment is eligible for gratuity ?

"if  ''NO''  pls send any  HC/SC   judgments  to support the same.

PLS make a note : iam for the employer

1thanls in advance.

Learning

7 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     02 July 2009

'Retainer" is basically a person who is available to you for advise . He is not required to put in daily attendance or observe any fixed working hours. He charges a retainership fee for his services. This however, depends upon the terms of his/her engagement as a 'Retainer'.

In case of employment on contractual terms, the incumbent is required to physically put in attendance as per the terms of the contract and therefore is entitled to all statutory benefits. 

raghuvir (civil engnieer)     13 July 2009

i got married in1980  my wife with 2 sisters one of them is married they have one brother  they got an ancestral property in pune now as per the 2005 amendment in hindu succession act wath is my wifrs share in the property . trere is no partition done  uptil now whether she can ask for partition in land and house where her sister and brother staying. what is her shar in huf

raghuvir (civil engnieer)     13 July 2009

i got married in1980  my wife with 2 sisters one of them is married they have one brother  they got an ancestral property in pune now as per the 2005 amendment in hindu succession act wath is my wifrs share in the property . trere is no partition done  uptil now whether she can ask for partition in land and house where her sister and brother staying. what is her shar in huf

santosh kumar (law executive)     13 July 2009

liquidation of pvt ltd. company

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     17 July 2009

pls post in the appropriate forum

niranjan (civil practice)     20 July 2009

Yes, now daughter is also coparcener and she can ask her share in the ancestral property.even if the suit is pending she can get benefit of this amendment.NDVaidya

sharavanan.cp (Advocate)     31 July 2009

your wife has right of equal share

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More