Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivam   16 May 2016

Pls guide us - a humble request

Dear All,

We are two brothers. My elder brother is expired in an accident in year 2010. He was separated from our joint family after his marriage around 35yrs back and was residing with her wife and daughters.  My mother who is a widow and aged about 85yrs residing with me in my ancestral property. Our ancestral house is 89yrs old and in a drastic condition and need renovation on urgent basis. But my sister in law (Bhabhi) and her daughters not allowing us to do any type of construction in the house and further they giving us threat that being elder daughter in law and her husband is expired she is having full rights in this property and we cannot make any changes in this property.

Dear All – Me and my family in a big threat. My friend told me about this forum also he asked me to look out for a Supreme Court judgment which help us to do construction/renovation of our house.

I would request you to all to please guide me. Since i am not financially sound so please guide me  here so that i can appoint a lawyer accordingly.

Thanks to all in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

If its an ancestral property then certainly she has rights over that property. As you have mentioned it needs repairs, one thing you can do is file a suit for mandatory injunction praying for directions to make repairs to the house. This is one way. Another thing you can do is reach for a family settlement. Its the best thing you can do. Mention everything in that and your problem is over forever. Moving to court can demand a lot of time and money. Whereas family settlement is binding and expeditious

Rit Arora

Advocate

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 May 2016

Registered family settlement is certainly best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register