LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amitaverma   03 May 2015

Please Help ! Senior citizen: Prioroty in disposal of case.

Respected Sir,


I am a senior citizen aged 62 years.

I have filed a court case in CAT since past 2 years and I want priority in judgement of my case.


I read this information in an online article.- "If you are a senior citizen you have a right to request the court to take up the matter for expeditious hearings in the light of the high court circular dated 03/08/2009."


I wish to know more details about the same. Kindly tell me the procedure as how to avail its benefit. Also if I could get the order no. or any other details so that I can search it online or any copy of it. 


Thank you




- Amita Verma



 7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 May 2015

Yes, there are guidelines to take up the cases of senior citizens on priority, apply to the Tribunal for early hearing of your case, through your lawyer.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     04 May 2015

Central Administrative Tribunal : If the Senior Citizen is a government Official,he/she has to follow the Procedures of the concerned Department, before resorting to legal route.In the absence of details of issues,!!! Aadalats from state concerned!!! will give the final decision.This is the practice in force as of now.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     04 May 2015

I have attached a relevant circular of Hon. Bombay High Court for your perusal. I believe this may be helpful. Good Luck, Kishor Mehta

Attached File : 51430 20150504120334 868656866 senior citisen preference in court cases.pdf downloaded: 124 times

ammarajshekar   05 May 2015

nice ppost

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     05 May 2015

Senior citizen has sought for certain guidelines, which are applicable to Central Administrative Tribunal from the terrotorial jurisdiction of India.Basic principle is all the official channel should have been adhered to before resorting to Legal Route.This view is on an assumption that the senior citizen must be a government Official.Since the gap between the Retirement and the present age is only two years,the concerned senior citizen can have a claim for the certified copy of his/her service records for verification.The said document is normally on payment,which is accounted for as revenue due to the government.Certified copy of service records can also be claimed by means of an !!! Affidavit!!! duly notarised...

amitaverma   05 May 2015

Thank you for replying to the post and guiding me through Dr J C Vashista, Mr. slakshmanrao & Mr. Kishor Mehta and also for the pdf file of the circular, which I was looking for. 




- Amita Verma


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2015

The procedureto be followed and the guidelines in this regard has been properly defined.  Hope the querist is satisfied with the explanation and help rendered by Mr.Kishor Mehta.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query