LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Please help me with moot court problem

PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS MOOT PROBLEM. PLEASE TELL ME THE ARGUMENTS ON THE BEHALF OF PLAINTIFF AND DEFENDANT, STATEMENT OF JURISDICTIOIN AND WHAT WILL BE THE CONTENTIONS OR ISSUES??

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     13 June 2012

Have gone through - it is naive of you to expect us to draft all that for you. I can just give you pointers :-

1) Girl can seek to challenge the alienation in my opinion the fact that she got the right as a coparcenor later is of no consequence. S.6 only bars right in coparcenory property disposed off by lawful registered or court partition done before 2004, an alienation can be challenged by coparcenor within 12 years.

2) However the challenge may fall because getting liqudity (good amount) and selling joint fmaily property because of the same to diverify business - can be benefit of estate so alienation may fail. 

3) The Barrister earnings won't be joint family - just because money was spent on his education the Hindu gains of learning act - bars such a thing, it is his seperate property, as it is Karta can discriminate between members when it comes to decision what to spend on whose education ? 

4) She can seek her other reliefs. 

5) The amendment is not uncosntitutional or against Hindu Law infact subserves the constitutional edicts laid down in 15(3)/14 and aim to confer proprietary rights in women for their empowerment,. 

(Guest)

SIR IN THIS PROBLEM IT IS GIVEN THAT MOHAN LAL DIED AND THUS SUIT FILED WILL NOT OF NO ANY AFFECT SINCE IT CEASE TO BE NOW HINDU JOINT FAMILY AND BECAME HINDU DIVIDED FAMILY SINCE IT HAS NO KARTA. SIR PLEASE CLARIFY MAY I WRITE THIS AS AN EFFECTIVE ARGUMENT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register