Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepinder Singh (Student)     03 April 2010

Please help me to Prepare Moot court case file ?

Hi 

I m a student of law & have no experience of preparing moot court case file as its my very 1st time to prepare for moot court so can any one Please help me to Prepare Moot court case file ? There is no one in our Institute to guide us . I would really be thankful for any kind of help.

The Moot Proposition is as under :- 

Seema was married to Ashok on 20th Oct 2000 according to Hindu rites. They had a 4 yr old son Rajeev. Both the spouses were in medical profession but Seema was dong professionally much better & earned more than Ashok. This caused strained relation between the two . They had continuous quarrels with each other . ON 20th Dec 2006 Ashok came home drunk at 9pm & started quarrel with Seema on the same issue in front of Rajeev . During the course of the argument they moved towards the balcony of 1st floor house and in the heat of argument Ashok shoved Seema who toppled from the balcony & died instantaneously as little Rajeev cried & screamed . The neighbors on hearing the commotion, called the Police and Sanjay was Arrested & Charged.    

Argue For or Against 

So please sir help me out . Thanks in Advance 

Regards 

Deepinder 

Learning

7 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     04 April 2010

How Sanjay was arrested? Who was he?

Untill and unless I know the relationship of Sanjay with the present case, no argument in favour or against him can be led.

Deepinder Singh (Student)     06 April 2010

Originally posted by :Deepinder Singh
"
Hi 

I m a student of law & have no experience of preparing moot court case file as its my very 1st time to prepare for moot court so can any one Please help me to Prepare Moot court case file ? There is no one in our Institute to guide us . I would really be thankful for any kind of help.

The Moot Proposition is as under :- 

Seema was married to Ashok on 20th Oct 2000 according to Hindu rites. They had a 4 yr old son Rajeev. Both the spouses were in medical profession but Seema was dong professionally much better & earned more than Ashok. This caused strained relation between the two . They had continuous quarrels with each other . ON 20th Dec 2006 Ashok came home drunk at 9pm & started quarrel with Seema on the same issue in front of Rajeev . During the course of the argument they moved towards the balcony of 1st floor house and in the heat of argument Ashok shoved Seema who toppled from the balcony & died instantaneously as little Rajeev cried & screamed . The neighbors on hearing the commotion, called the Police and Ashok was Arrested & Charged.    

Argue For or Against 

So please sir help me out . Thanks in Advance 

Regards 

Deepinder 
"

Deepinder Singh (Student)     06 April 2010

Sorry Sir It was an error done by the clerical dept of my Institute . I inquired about it from them . In place of Sanjay its Ashok who was arrested . Sorry for the mistake . Now can u please help me out .. 

Thanks & Regards 

Deepinder

O. Mahalakshmi (Law practiece)     09 April 2010

Ashok will be punishable  murder amounting to culpable homicide.

anil (student)     31 January 2011

there is a two friends name A and R . working in a company both r drivers .company of A send him to tomorrow to sign some important document .same day R are always going to ambala where A is going .R gives a lift to A. next day A and R going to ambala . R drop A to ambala n they also return together . IN the way A insist R to he want to drive u r doing some rest or any other reason he insist him .when A was driving they were met with an accident with taxi n passengers are also sitting in the taxi.A died on the spot and R on the hospital .in this case legal heirs of A flies a claim against R company and legal heirs of R files a case against A . n taxi drivers and passengers flies claim against  A and R.tell me the solution of this case as fast as possible

Preet Sandhu (Student)     31 January 2011

Hi 

I m a student of law &  no experience of preparing moot court case prepare for moot court. can any one Please help me to Prepare Moot court case file ? I would really be thankful for any kind of help.

A is working as a Driver with the Managing Director (MD)  of Food Corporation of India (FCI), a central govt. undertaking for the past five year at Chandigarh.

On a usual day of work, the MD instructed the driver to get some important document signed from the  Ambala Branch. The MD added that he must report back to duty before noon the same day.

R, a Driver  in a private concern- Jayco Co. A’s cousin used to live with him. When R came to know about A’s visit to Ambala the next morning, he offered him lift as he was also going to Ambala for Co’s work. A agreed to accompany him and the two started in Jayco’s Co car at 8 am.

On reaching Ambala, R dropped A at the FCI branch while he himself accomplished Co’s task, on his way back. R picked A and started journey back to Chandigarh at around 10.30 am

On the way back, near Derabassi, A insisted R to let him drive, as it is not very far off and also that R should take some rest. After much insistence, R yielded and handed over the steering wheel to A.

A drove at high speed and the vehicle could not be controlled by him. As a result, at a blind turn, the car collided head on with taxi approaching them from the opposite side. Two passengers alongwith a child and taxi driver got severe injuries. In this accident whereas A died on the spot and R died on the way to the hospital.

Legal heirs of A filed case against FCI. 

Legal heirs of R and Jayco Co are filing cases against legal heirs of A and FCI. 

Taxi driver and passengers are filing cases against R, Jayco Co, A and FCI.

ARGUE FOR LEGAL HEIRS OF R and Jayco Co.

1 Like

Aditya kaushik (Student)     17 September 2013

Hi i am a law student and preparing for my first moot court please help me! Urgent opinion needed n the following problem and also from which it would be favourable to fight from appellant or respondent:

Tina, a swedish citizen was an attractive young lady of 19 years and a good dancer. She was selected to be a cheerleader for a major team in the IPL. As part of her job, she would also be invited and expected to be a part of the after match parties. Often in such parties, there would be heavy drinking and dancing and many of the cricketers would hit on her. One such cricketer was Rohan, 21 years old who was a budding all rounder. According to Tina and 2 other cheerleaders, Rohan was a flirt and would often strike flirtatious conversations with them at get togethers. It is agreed that they hit it off well and exchanged numbers. They would sometimes have hour long conversations according to call records. Rohan also had a major drinking problem and even had to be hospitalized once. Ever since, doctors had advised him to abstain from alcohol and he claims that he shifted to a non alcoholic mocktail Blue Paradise. However, an alcoholic drink called Blue Lagoon looks substantially similar to this drink.

s
One night after a major victory in which Rohan had scored a century, in the after match party, he was seen by many with a blue drink in his hand. He was also seen in an overjoyous mood and danced energetically as well on the DJ Floor. He had been seen dancing with many people including Tina at about 1 AM by eye witnesses.

Next afternoon, Tina, well dressed approached a police station and filed an FIR claiming rape by Rohan the previous night.

Tina claims that this night after the party at 2 AM, Rohan approached her privately with a bouquet and confessed that he had deep feelings for her. She also claims that he tried to kiss her on account of which she slapped him and told him that she was committed to her boy friend, Mark in Sweden and couldn't breakup or cheat on him. She claimed that the slap resulted in a mark on Rohan's cheek which was later found to be there. She claims that hearing this, Rohan became furious as to why she would lead him on with her charm and took out a gun forcing her to drive to a distant motel where he allegedly raped her, tied her up and left.

However, Rohan claims that Tina often told him amidst a torrent of tears that her relationship with her boyfriend in Sweden was in the doldrums and they were about to break up. She would often seek his emotional support which he provided since he considered her a good friend. He claims that she was emotionally volatile and sometimes would get violent. Another cheerleader corroborates this with an incident where an angry Tina threw a coke bottle at another cheerleader when she made a highly insulting joke on Tina. Rohan claims that after the party Tina told him that she had broken up with her boyfriend and wanted to be with him. They went to a motel and had intercourse that night. However, on waking up, Rohan realized that it was a mistake and told her that this was not good for his career or marriage prospects and wanted to end it. Hearing this, she went delirious and started hitting him wildly with a belt. Rohan claims that to save himself from the blows he had to tie her up and left.

The medical investigation confirmed intercourse between Rohan and Tina. There were a few scuffle marks on their bodies. A gun was also recovered from Rohan's room. 

Rohan filed some documents in his defence which included email conversations between Tina and Mark showing numerous fights near the time he claims the breakup took place which he had procured by hacking Tina's email account. The issue was an adventurous press report claiming a relationship between Tina and Rohan. This fact was later denied by both Rohan and Tina and an apology was published by the same reporter. In one of the emails, Tina had said to her best friend Carla that she found Rohan cute. The admissibility of this evidence has been questioned by the Prosecution.

Sunil, another cricketer from the same club stated that he had overheard Tina talking to another cheerleader about things becoming rocky between her and Mark.

The case is pending trial at the Sessions Court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register