LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Renuka (Service)     19 November 2008

Please help me in solving the case study

A was sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for two months for a criminal offence.  After the expiry of the period of the sentence, he filed an appeal against his conviction and sentence and prayed for the condonation of delay on the ground of imprisonment.  Will the court be justified in extending the period of limitation in this case?

Can anybody help me in solving this case.  reply me on gaur.renuka@gmail.com

thanks in advance.



 11 Replies

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     19 November 2008

Renuka Mam,

When a sentence has been passed against A by a Court for two , and when the said A has completed his sentence of two months, where does the question of appeal arises. Your question is surprising.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     19 November 2008

Dear Renuka,

   Rightly said by  Piravi Sir and it is the fact. Post your case query correctly so that you get correct advice from our members.

Adv.Shine Thomas (Advocate)     19 November 2008

Yes,this query is a surprising one.

Kumar Arvind (The Law Consulting)     19 November 2008




May be its ur first time when u r shooting a question but dont bother. Please try to post question before u have a clear view of question.


Kumar Arvind

LLB IInd Yr Student



Renuka (Service)     20 November 2008

Thanks for all such information. but i want to tell u one thing that i am a student of Company Secretary Course and this question is based on some illustration which comes under some section and it is a complete question, i am unable to understand it thats why i choose option to post my query in this site and get a corrected answer.

once again thanks and waiting for reply.



Shree. ( Advocate.)     20 November 2008

Dear Renuka,

  OK .No problem.You can ask any doubtful query in this forum.Every members are ready to help you in solving your illustrations.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 November 2008

Yes, Renuka Ji, please furnish those illustrations and the sections of the law to the members. I am sure you are not asking question blindly and there must be a reason.

Adv.Shine Thomas (Advocate)     20 November 2008

This type of problem willnot arise in presence of sec.383 CrPC .It says that if the appellant is in jail,he may present his petition of appeal and the copies accompanying the same to the officer in charge of the jail,who shall thereupon forward such petition and copies to the proper Appellate Court.

yogesh (adv.)     20 November 2008

i think this is a good question even though he has completed imprisonment if he wants to prove that he was innocent he can file appeal for his future life should not be considered as criminal.

i dont know whether legally what is right.

pls. consider and discuss on this aspect lso.



Adv.Shine Thomas (Advocate)     20 November 2008

Good idea!

Arvind Singh (Profession)     21 November 2008



Dear Renuka Can u refer me the details of this question. i am also the final year student of CS from Delhi. Going by the details and facts of the case, i can try to solve the problem.

Arvind Singh

LLB IInd Yr Student.

email - arvind.singh1@ymail.com


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register