LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shuchi saran (SW ENGG)     13 July 2013

Please help

Hi, I am little confused and need your help. I am currently living in NCR. I got married with a guy in NOV 2009. After few days of marriage, I discovered that the guy was abusive and very violent. He tried chocking my throat multiple time within the span of 5 month. in June 2010, he did the same and looking at the severity I had to call PCR. He pretended to be innocent in front of the police, However due to their presence in the house, I somehow managed to leave the place. My jewelry and other belongings are still with him and his family. I never heard from him since then. Now after 3 years of this, I called him to discuss, if we can file for mutual divorce. He straight forward denied it. Could somebody understand his intensions behind this? The only thing I can think is divorce as I do not want to get back into that relation which is beyond reconciliation.


 3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     13 July 2013

Take the help of elders and relatives to handle the situation. Talk to his family and convince them for MCD.

Shuchi saran (SW ENGG)     13 July 2013

Thanks for your reply! My parents also tried contacting him and his parents number of times but they never responded.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     13 July 2013

Ask him what he intends exactly..

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query