Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navaldeep Singh (CCE)     19 June 2013

Please help


I am 55 years old working in a private company. I have never been in a good relationship with my parents as my mother do not like my wife. We live in a so call joint family. 

We all live on ground floor.. My family and my brother family. I have only 1 room and smaal kitchen and my brother have 2 rooms with 1 giant kitchen.

from last 20 years I always thought that my parents will think of something of the property as my elder son is 27 and will be getting married soon.

But the problem is that my parents like my younger brother and they have told m bluntly that they will not gie me anything from the property. I am very much sure that they have already given that property to my elder brother (On papers). 

I waited so long to get the resolution however they are not doing anything. Finally last year my son got married and from the family of four (me, my wife, my 2 kids) we are now the family of 5. Now, we could not acomodate in 1 room house. Now, i live in my wifes parents home with my wife and newly married couple there. Its so emberrasing.

Please tell me if there is anyway i can request my parents for my part in there property by law as they are giving the complete property to my elder brother.

I just want 1 floor so that i can accomodate with my complete family. I do not even want 50%. I am in a very worst situation. My younger son is already 25. I have no idea where he will live after marriage.

Please reply.


 4 Replies

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     19 June 2013

Actually if the property of the parents is their self-acquired property, then you do not have any legal right. You can only convince them and request them to help you out with some property. Or else there is no legal way if the property is their self-acquired one.

sangam kumar (Web Maseter)     20 June 2013

Dear Navaldeep Singh,

I want to tell you about a leading law portal that can help you to give legal information. First i want to know that are you in in New Delhi is yes then go to the link ask them regarding your problem. For doing this you need to fill a quesry form which is available at the link and if you are not from Delhi then you can find another link and do same. Wihin 24 working hours the will reply you with legal advice.



Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     20 June 2013

This site is also for legal information. I dont think there is any need to go to any other site.

prakharved (Medical officer)     26 June 2013

@naval deep singh

You have to provide more details about this property. Is this your ancestral property or has this been acquired by your parents? You have full right to any ancestral property.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query