LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guna (designer)     12 April 2013

Please guide me

hi my name is sujatha [f]am 25yrs old i got married before 5 yrs at the age of 19yrs with wiling of my elders

i got married to my brother in law on

i had a baby boy on august 2nd 2012

from the day i delivered till now m facing a lot of issues from my husband and in laws

my baby placed in nicu due to a sivere health issue for more than 20 days

from then they started blamig me like all happened coz of ur normal delivery if u had a c-section it wont be happened 

even my husband strated agreed for their words 

now before 4 months iam back to chennai from ny native{andhra}

after coming my husband called his parents to come and stay with us 

after they've been here he started harrasing me listening to them 

as he is having lot of suggestability he use to listen his mother and sister

they three  using very unparliamentary language to me and my parents

my husband started blackmailng me emotionally saying he will dye

some times he is also manhandlin me 

now my hand is full of wound's because of his violent behaviour.

i said i will go back to my home but they said you leave the kid and go for dying we dont mind.

every penny spent for my kids treatment spent by my father my husaband spent an amnt 16000rs

for medicines and toureterd me bring that money my dad given back that also by borrowing some where.

now i reallly dont wanna stay with these people i want my kid .

please tell me wat to do 

Learning

12 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 April 2013

1. Re-think again.
2. If made up mind first hire an local Advocate found via reference.
3. Leave matrimonial home with child on grounds of your safety, security r/w child being breast feeding infant.
4. File Divorce under 'cruelties' ground along with S. 24 HMA for litigation expenses and for child maintenance and get cross examined witnesses. It is suggested to file S. 25 HMA towards alimony.
5. The child being infant will naturally stay as per status quo of Court with natural mother as per Law.
6. During sitting at home looking after infant learn / invest part-time in some vocational course so that it helps you in time being till divorce happens and re-marriage thought about.
7. Your marriage with BIL may be legal if such usage customs and traditions as prevailing in some Southern communities allows otherwise same may get challenged hence while Chamber discussions seek further opinion based on community facts discussions with an Advocate on the spot.

(Guest)

These are family problems which we see in each and every household.

You can solve these problems all by yourself by talking to your husband.

Ranee....... (NA)     12 April 2013

think again.Try to be self dependent.

(Guest)

If you really want divorce,then show your wounds to a doctor and get a certificate.

thank's to every body for your valuable suggestions

iam not intrested in divorce

my husband is really good some times but if i started explaining him my situation he is hurting him self saying he will die

infront of me to make me scare

iam having nail mark's on my hand's 

my dad spent  a lot of money during my marriage and after my delivery and i really dont wanna give him further trouble

and my inlaws they are the worse people i ever seen(i mean it) if any ding is happening they are blindly supporting their son and saying you deserve better than her every time

only wen he is with parents he is like that but because of kid's ill ness iam baring them as i couldn't able to manage every thing after my marriage

also my studies were in middle m not knowing wat 2 do.they were also trying to stop my studies and trying rise these bl**dy issues wen iam quite

SAA_Bombay (Pro)     12 April 2013

The very first mistake bringing money from your dad. this has open a gate of greed for ur in laws. It seems your husband is using you. (May be i m wrong) but from your story it seems like ur husbnd playing double role. Good boy for his mother & emotional partner for wife. One day, when scene is created just go out of door saying you are going to police station for complaining for ur in laws under Domestic Violence. See how they react, change your game plan accordingly. Stop bringing money from your dad. In 50% of cases, it is observed that beating is stop due to police complain by wife. Can try your luck, even though, they are angry on you, little bit of more be.       

(Guest)

You are not clear on what you want. You have to put a lot of thought and then make a move. A person cannot be sometimes good and sometimes bad. You try to understand the character. Family life comes as a package, you cannot choose some and leave rest. Most of the times pressure tactics dont work and believe me these seemingly little pressure tactics are often the spoilers.

I would recommend you to go thru the forum, understand the grief's that different people have gone thru and the circumstances that lead them thru and the final consequences they have experienced. We have enough examples now.

If you believe that your inlaws are at real fault and there is no civil way to change them then it is better to take protection and call it quits and remember the outcome would be a divorce.

If thats not the case then you may to have spend your quality time on building your home and the returns would be great. It is upto you to choose and act.

Cheers!!

thank's for a reply

even though my dad is given wat ever they want he is not getting proper value from mu husband family people .

i seriously wanna kill this behaviour of them 

and next wen ever an issue is rising they were saying my son is there property and i dont have any rights on him iam the only one protected him from day22 after he is given out of ICU till now volantarily did every ding for him , but i never felt the pain coz as a mother m satisfied a lot in serving my son

they were not sending me my home as it's been 5 months after i came here

i wanna teach them a lesson the way they were treating a girl like a sh*t

till now they are showing there attitude satying boy's family is upper hand 

i really dont understand why a girl after getting married is losing many dings watt she had before

iam scared some times if i went by saying m gonna place a case on them they may do anyding to my child and my husband evry time emotionally warning me tat he will die to make happy 

but never felt hurting any one or to kill i just wanna make them to realise that daughter in law is also a human being like them not signed on any enslavement bond being married to their son

i just commited a relation to my husband to stay together but not to be a slave or any thing else

(Guest)

It takes two to tango.

Better co-ordination/adjustment, better you both can tango.

(Guest)

@Guna

Thank you for the detailed reply. That confirms the issue at hand has nothining to do with the dowry demand/harassment and its more to do with adjustment issues and misunderstandings.

Though I cannot comment on who is wrong and who is right, I can only see your inability to manage the day to day activities of your family life. I can only wish you to scale up to such a level and build a trust bond with your husband.

I am sure you are not in a position to listen and understand to what it takes to build/run a happy family and it shdnt take much time for you to understand what you have lost once you approach law for justice.

Good luck.

PS: Meanwhile this is nice forum where you have loads of information, please make some time to go thru it. Litigation is a burden and in your terms its called slavery. Experience it.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     13 April 2013

I would back the idea of sit and talk  with respected family members amicably. Sometimes this kind of situation comes in families when they expect beautiful baby but when get an deficient baby. Also you need to monitor him whether he willfully acts or out of emotions. If out of emotions, that can be rectified with patience and time.

guna (designer)     15 April 2013

thank u all for an in time reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register