LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Please advise

Dear All, 

After having 5+ years of married life, my wife doesn't want to continue to live with me as a family., resulting which she left our house more than a year back with the child who is 2yr old now. I have tried to convince her to come back, but i guess she is adamant on her decision. Since last 2/3 months she is asking to give it a legal shape in the form of divorce, which i cannot accept by heart. 
It would be very helpful, if i get some helpful advice from this forum regarding the situation, where. 

i. She wants divorce, i cant accept that decision as of now, what should i do? 

ii. What i would have to face in terms of time, legal harassment etc. if i want to go against her decision?

iii. I want the custody of the child,what could be the decision regarding that? 

We have no history of any physical torture or anything of that kind. Apparently, i thought we had a smooth life. 



 4 Replies

fighter (Software professional)     11 March 2015

divorce le lo...bina marji ke saath rhne ka koi matlb nhi...

1 Like

Sonia Saini (advocate)     11 March 2015

Dear Samir,

Ask your family members or her family members or a neutral party to intervene and mediate the matter between you both .

Regards ,

Adv. Sonia Saini

1 Like


All tried, but i feel, she is determined about her decision. All that she wants is mutual divorce because, she realized, that she has already wasted her precious years and wasting time on contesting will affect the child. 

She has said, the child is one of the main issue, for this separation, and she can go to any extent for this. 

My confusion is, its very hard to loose the family specially without properly knowing the decision, and future wellness of the child. 

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     26 March 2015

First of all, make sure you create solid and very solid evidence of her quest for divorce/Mutual divorce/No alimony,No maintenance, No 498A, No DV etc

Second ask her some  direct questions like pland for her remarriage (if any), next home address, school for child etc

Third, accept her  request in principle and give her a rider that she may reconsider and let you know of her decision preferably in some document form.


PS: Even for a divorce by mutual consent, there will be mediation . 


If in Bangalore, feel free to contact me or mail me

Fredy Charles

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register