LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Goyal   29 November 2022

Pleading own case in person

Can a court direct Petitioner not to appear in person? Isn't it violates Order III Rule 1 of CPC? In a case, wherein party in person has appeared in person for 8 years, in trials courts, High Courts, Supreme Court more than 200 times; a direction for not appearing in person is illegal, and made with intent of preventing facts to come on record.

What is the remedy? How can we challenge such order? Apologizing only reflects accepting faults. When the party is not at fault, it is a clear case of discrimination, suggest the remedy.

Can a court direct Petitioner not to appear in person? Isn't it violates Order III Rule 1 of CPC? In a case, wherein party in person has appeared in person for 8 years, in trials courts, High Courts, Supreme Court ore than 200 times; a direction for not appearing in person is illegal, and made with intent of preventing facts to come on record. What is the remedy? How can we challenge such order? Apologizing only reflects accepting faults. When the party is not at fault, it is a clear case of discrimination, suggest the remedy.

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/plead-own-case-in-high-court-745816.asp
Can a court direct Petitioner not to appear in person? Isn't it violates Order III Rule 1 of CPC? In a case, wherein party in person has appeared in person for 8 years, in trials courts, High Courts, Supreme Court ore than 200 times; a direction for not appearing in person is illegal, and made with intent of preventing facts to come on record. What is the remedy? How can we challenge such order? Apologizing only reflects accepting faults. When the party is not at fault, it is a clear case of discrimination, suggest the remedy.

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/plead-own-case-in-high-court-745816.asp

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2022

What are the facts? What is the context?

Rahul Goyal   29 November 2022

Opposite lawyer filed contempt petition without service. Just to seek ex parte order. Without issue of notice, order passed to call the minor child to court, whereas mediation proceedings were going on. She submitted mediation has failed. On getting the order, I filed application to clarify facts and praying for exempting child to appear in contempt petition. The judge didnt listen. Having been prejudiced by opposite lawyer, cost imposed on me and directed that I will not appear in person.

Order is totally illegal. How to challenge it? I have not been served till date but I am directed to appear in court with child. Court should have issued notice. We will file reply to contempt and fight on merits. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2022

Facts posted are disjointed and lack clarity.

Anyhow, you may approach the High Court under Article 227.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register