LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan sunil (SR Manager)     23 September 2010

PF money

my sister have received the forms back from the PF office stating clause 13 that the PF account has already been settled 4 years back, but she was not in the country that time ,nor she have given any consent or signed / filled up any forms for the same, but I think someone from her previous company has fraudently signed the forms and taken the money as I called her company and enquired ,they said that yes they received the forms and they have processed the same 4 yrs back

As stated in the letter that her PF account has a balance of 2298/- and it has been settled thought MO/Cheque no

The PF office have not said how the money has been tranfered they just said through MO/cheque

Also I came to know that an amount which is more than Rs. 2000 can not be sent through MO, it can only be transferred through the bank.She have filled up  PF withdrawal forms now and came to know about this

So now what can be done to claim the money from PF office.Please advise

As its not a big amount so i dont want to engage a lawyer .

Learning

2 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     24 September 2010

Best course would be to request the company to produce the set of forms received and declining receipt of the money. If the forms received by the company are fraudulent, the company is obliged to reimburse the money since the EPF office does not know the signature of the members and process the settlement based on the authentication by the company.

vasudevan

Karan sunil (SR Manager)     25 September 2010

Thanks Mr Vasudevan for your advise. I am surely going to ask the company to give me the forms copy

But i think PF office is also to be blamed as how can they give the money through MO/chque ,they can only give it through bank transfer of the concerned member.

How and where can i file a RTI for giving me the details of where the money has gone to which account.Do i need to file a RTI or if i go to the PF office i will get this information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register