Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498A_HARRASED (NTNGH)     03 February 2013

Perjury - changed allegations in 498a compliant and dv case.

Hello,

I would like to know whether we can file perjury 340 Cr.P.C.

498a and DVC filed against me and all my family memebrs.

In 498a compliant, it has been mentioned that "before some months of marrriage my husband asked to bare expenditure for going to honeymoon", actually there is no mention of dowry in complaint and also it is not in conenction with dowry.

DVC affidavit filed 3 years of 498a compliant, in which it has been mentioned that "at the time of marriage all the respondents demanded dowry"

Many such differences there in DVC affidavit and 498a complaint.

Can you please let me know whether i can file perjury, whether this is right time to file. Both the cases are running under same magistrate.

Learning

4 Replies

498A_HARRASED (NTNGH)     03 February 2013

I forgot to mention amount:

In 498a compliant, it has been mentioned that "before some months of marrriage my husband asked to bare expenditure of Rs 50, 000 for going to honeymoon", actually there is no mention of dowry in complaint and also it is not in conenction with dowry.  Trial not started yet.

For the same above allegation, in DVC affidavit which was after 2 years of 498a compliant, the above mentioned allegations was change and it was mentioned that "at the time of marriage all the respondents demanded dowry of Rs 50,000"

Please help me  whether i can file perjury. 

SRINIVASA PRASAD Warangal A.P (LEGAL PRACTIONER )     05 February 2013

ONLY AFTER THE TRAIL OF THE CASE BASED ON THE EVIDENCE

GOOD LUC,

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     06 February 2013

hello,

perjury can only be filed when someone lied under oath.

i think u r talking about complaint(FIR) ,which is not under oath.

although anything under affidavit will be under oath.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     06 June 2015

every submission in a court attracts perjury, but if one wants to press perjury then it must be on oath, intentional, done to cause harm to opposite parties.

the judge has power to allow the petitioner to change her statement but if the respondent files perjury before that then he can argue that, "after i dissected her petition & filed perjruy she is changing her statement which is an abuse of law."

NOTE:- Such perjury must be coupled with many other lies & unclean hands within the petition to make this a strongest perjury case against the petitioner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register