LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alfesaani. (NA)     15 April 2022

Pension file misplaced/lost

Hello. My mother had applied for pension after the passing of my father, and had submitted all the documents at the concerned office. Now the office is saying that they have misplaced/lost the file. In such a scenario what legal steps should my mother take to get the pension?


 4 Replies

Divya Vijayan   15 April 2022

If the disburser’s portion of PPO(pension payment order) is lost by the Paying Branch of the bank, the Paying Branch will report the matter to the concerned PAO (Pay & Accounts Office) through the Link Branch, CPAO (Central Payment Accounting Office) requesting to issue the duplicate disburser’s portion of PPO.  


You can notify your PDA (Pension Distributing Agency) if your PPO is lost. You should also request them to provide a loss certificate to the concerned authority to obtain a duplicate copy of the PPO. 

Kindly check the below provided link:

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 April 2022

Contact a local advocate and issue a suitable notice.

Ask your mother to file RTI Application seeking the information as follows:

Information solicited under the Life or Liberty clause for which information has to be provided within 48 hours, as family pension is sustenance for the dependant of deceased.

1. Pease inform the time frame within which the dependant pension should be sanctioned after receiving all such claim papers.

2. Please inform the reasons on the record for the abnormal delay.

3. If the records are missing, the date on which such record was found missing, date of filing a police complaint, action taken against the errant employee who is accountable, and the process followed for all these months for the reconstruction of such file.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 April 2022

What type of pension? Is it paid through the Bank?

Who is the pension paying authority?

Are you not having the Pension Payment Order (PPO) with you?

Has the authority informed you of the missing file?

Any how, the mssing file is not legitimate ground to delay or deny pension to your mother, if otherwise eligible,

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 April 2022

What is the actual problem as you have been posting various types of queries, as observed from your profile as

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts "Pension related"

Alfesaani. posted a new topic in forum "Pension file misplaced/lost"

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts "Inheritance law and limitation period"

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts " authenticating and verifying documents."

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts "Rti second appeal"

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts "Rti second appeal"

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts "Rti first appeal"

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts "Sim card related"

Alfesaani. asked a query in Experts "Juvenile actions"

Syed Nawaz posted a new topic in forum "Unregistered agreement to sale and sale deed" 

Read more at:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query