New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Haragopal Nadukuru   03 January 2023


My father was a AP state government doctor. He left our family in the year 1983 ( however he used to visit us monthly to give Rs1000/- for house maintenance till the year 1993 to my mother who is his legal wedded wife) and started living with another woman in the same city ( don't know whether he married her).
We used to stay in a house which was on his name. In the year 2015 he sold the house and gave around 48% of the amount to my family.
After that there was no contact. However, from the local newspaper we came to know he expired Jan 2021.
We don't have his death certificate or anything. But since my parents have not taken divorce legally, I think my mother is eligible for pension after his death.
How to proceed?


 5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 January 2023

Yes, she is. You may follow up the matter through the Pension Payment Authority as well the office from where he had retired.

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 January 2023

Yes.  Your mother is a wife to him, she can claim the pension, and you shall submit the pensioner papers, legal heir certificate, and death certificate of your father to the Superintendent of the District Headquarters Hospital of your district.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 January 2023

You have so facr stated relevant facts :-

  1. Your mother is legally wdded wife (so no other lady can be legally wedded)
  2. there was no divorce.
  3. your father dies

She is no doubtely entitled for family pension. 


All other facts sttaed by you are irralevent to the issue.

Since you do not hae death certificate you can apply for the ame from municipality.

1 Like

Alpa Jogi (Advocate) (Lawyer / Advocate)     07 January 2023

Yes, indeed your mother is eligible for family pension as she is not legally divorced. You can get a copy of death certificate from the registrar of births & deaths by searching his name. Than you can get submit the same to the department with proof of your maohter being a legally weded wife and can than claim the pension,



Alpa Jogi (Advocate)

Consult Advocate Online

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 January 2023

The given facts indicate the law to be in favour of mother.


before moving further your mother has toobtain copy of PPO from deptt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register