LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NISHANT (Software Engineer)     07 November 2016

Payment details in house registry

Our house registry has cheque details for the payments made in the property transaction. However due to some reason one cheque payment was made online and the cheque was never encashed. Could someone please tell me if this will lead to a problem in future? If the check that as a buyer I had given and the seller doesn't encash can that establish as my fault somehow and can pose problem in the future?

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 November 2016

Obtain acknowledgment from seller of online payment and that cheque in lieu of it is being returned and take back the cheque.

Correction deed is option.

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     07 November 2016

I donot think so that you will have any problem (unless it bounces back due to insufficient funds, or signature problem or for over writing on the cheque) if the seller has not yet encashed the 2nd cheque. He may ask for another cheque in lieu of the 2nd if it is time barred i.e. if the 2nd cheque, which you have given to him and he has not yet encashed it,  is more than 3 months old. If you give him another cheque in lieu of the 2nd cheque, please take back from him the 2nd time barred cheque which you have given to him earlier. 

Thank me by clicking on thumbs up under my profile if this satisfies your query and doubt.

NISHANT (Software Engineer)     07 November 2016

Thanks for your reply Kumar Doab. Could you please tell if such an acknowledgement should be on a legal written form such as via affidavit or any mode of communication would suffice?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 November 2016

Correction deed is the option.

Obtain proper reciept.

Consult an able counsel at your location.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More