LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Singh   28 February 2018

Passport name correction

Dear Sir, My name is L Rajesh Singh in all the documents except Passport. As in passport the full form of L is mention before my name but the spelling of L what is stand for it is incorrect. And same goes to my father and mother. Request you to please help me , how i can get the same corrected and the documents which will be requiring.

Learning

9 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 February 2018

Please indicate what L stands for?

Pl also indicate what is mentioned for L in the poassport?

Dear Sir, L state for Laishram but due to my mistake it's mentioned Laisharam in Passport. Even on my father name too. But in my mother case the name is incorrect what I came to know after cross checking the house documents. The name mention is passport is Laisharam Shanti Devi. But the correct name which should be i.e. Laishram Shanti Bala Devi. Please help what I can do. I have to go abroad for job purpose but my documents which I am holding is all incorrect and I am in big mess.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     28 February 2018

Its not know when you had taken the Passport. A passport with such kind of mistake cannot be issued because, you have to submit support documents for your name, date of birth and proof of address.  In all these documents name should be same. And, while your papers are being processed, before they print passport, the official requests the applicant to verify the name. How this mistake has come is beyond my understanding.

Okay, whatever happened has happened. To correct your name in Passport, it is not Lawyer or Lawyer's forum you shuld consult. You should go to the website of Passport Authority and see the FAQs

Click on the following link and read reply to FAQ 9 and act accordingly

FAQ

Website of Passport Authority is as follows:

Passport Authority Website

After reading the above, still you are confused as to what is to be done, better contact a good and reliable Passpot Broker in your area, who normally do all the paper wrok for applicants. They will get things done for a fee.

Thank you Sir for your info and guidance. I try to find the broker who can help me.

Thank you Sir for your info and guidance. I try to find the broker who can help me.

Ramesh Sir, I am Manipuri. And Laisharam is not a name basically it's just a caste which tradition use, just to prove the caste belong to upper or lower. The real name is Rajesh Singh only.

And Ramesh Sir, you are correct broker may betray me.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     28 February 2018

You seem to be fairly educated guy. Why dont you just go through the formalities as noted int he Pass Port website and finish matter instead of going on nagging here.

Dear Sivaramaprasad Sir, My parents are uneducated and the documents which it requires aren't available. So that is the reason why I am asking for help or solution in here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register