Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rukumar (No)     02 February 2016

Passport issue

Hi friends,

I am facing 498a and DP34, with 406 of IPC. My passport is going to get expire in 2 months, I stay in India. 

Shall i go for renewal? 

Do i need to take permission from court for getting my passport renewal?

Whats the procedure to get permission from court?

If court gives permission for hoaw many years the Passport will be valid?

Please respond.

Regards

RupKumar

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 February 2016

No problem as far as renewal is concerned. You have to show the court case details in the renewal applicaton. 

Rukumar (No)     02 February 2016

Thank you Rama Chary Sir,

Please tell me that whether i need to take permission from the court as well.

Please answer to my remaining queries too...

Regards

Anand   03 February 2016

As you are residing in India there is nothing to fear. Fill out the passport renewal application as normal, and if the application asks for details of any cases against you fill it up accordingly. You do not need any specific permission form the court to have your passport renewed, unless the judge has mentioned this in any previous order/proceedings/bail conditions against you. Also you should explore the option of not renewing your passport at this time if not required, you could wait till the end of the legal proceedings against you.

Rukumar (No)     03 February 2016

Thank you Mr Anand, is their any specific reason for not going ahead for renewal of passport when legal procedings are going on?

Plz tell passport validity for how many years?

Regards

Anand   03 February 2016

As you have legal proceedings going on against you, you will have to declare these in the passport renewal form. Accordingly depending on the nature of the case the passport officer may ask you to provide an NOC from the relevant court and/or police station where legal proceedings are going on against you, to have your passport renewed. Once the NOC is obtained the passport can be renewed usually for the full term of 10 years but this is at full discretion of the passport issuing authority, and would differ on a case by case basis, particularly in your case because of your on going legal proceedings. Like I mentioned before it maybe advisable to not renew your passport yet, if you don't need it, plus you should take the advice of a good local lawyer before proceeding for any renewal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register