Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

All is well (Executive)     21 September 2015

Passport address proof verification

Hi Friends,

This is to inform you that, I have recently applied for Passport.Since, my father was from paramilitary force. He had a transferable job. I have been staying in Bangalore for more than 6yrs.I studied from Hyd and I have most of the documents from Hyd. I applied for passport in Bangalore and  Passport office verified my documents and were ok with the proof I provided. I have a Gas connection, Rent agreement and Office MNC Address proof documents but the problem is none of the documents prove ithat , I have stayed in this location for more than 1yr. I went to police station and as usual he was rude and once he shouted as well. I kept quite and tried explaning him but as per him, he kept threatning me stating he is going to reject my passport verification. After verification, he immedietly told me to introduce with my owner and neighbours which got verified and my owner also said. I have been staying in this place for more than 1yr. He took signature form my ownr and neighbour. Problem is the earlier rental agreent was in the name of my room partner and the current one is under me which I got under my name only before 3 months. He also called  me today, but since I didn't have anything he will shout at me no matter what. I am not afraid of him at any cost only problem is that, I would like to face him once I have everything ready. I need your suggestion what should I do prove him on paper that I have stayed in this place more than 1yr. I can't provide bank statement of HDFC(my salary a/c) which is of old address. I need your help and would like to know, if I can provide affidavit or notary etc to prove it.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 September 2015

Get a certificate from your employer and enclose to your transfer application or show your Bank account and these are more than sufficient.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     21 September 2015

Please give it in writing on stamp paper as an affidavit and get it signed by Oath Commissioner.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     21 September 2015

Please give it in writing on stamp paper as an affidavit and get it signed by Oath Commissioner.

All is well (Executive)     22 September 2015

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for quick response but my question is documents which I have submitted like Gas connection, Rent agreement and HR Address Proof should be more than enough. It's not neccessary that document should say that I have stayed here more than 1yr.It was vefied with my house owner and neighbout that I stay in this location for more than 1yr and he took a signature from them. Kindly let me know, if I can escalate this to passport official.

https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/popuponline/AttachmentAdvisorSub?subDocID=7001&

If you go through the passport link it says in the note section 

• Applicants are required to submit the proof of address of the present address only, irrespective of the date from which he/she has been residing at the given address. However, he/she is required to mention all the place of stay during previous one year in the Passport application form.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register