Partition suit

In a partition suit I am the plentiff. I am Negotiating for a compromise petition. It is not possible to attend the court for all the defendents. Can I take power of attorney from them. Can they give power of attorney to me. Is it legal for the defendent to give power of attorney to plentiff. Is it OK if I take powe of attorney on 100 ruppee stamp paper in front of two witness or notary lawyer. Power of attorney is required only for signing compromise petition. 


Once you have approached court for partition suit, court will seek statement of compromise from all defendants. If all defendants can not attend court, it can be done in multiple dates.

Any defendant can appoint power of attorney for statement, but they can not appoint you as power of attorney as you are plaintiff.

Compromise deed can be prepared on stamp paper of Rs.100/-. It is suggested to get the same properly notarized with proper entry in Notary Register. It will be better if you take help of efficient advocate, who can assist you well.

Total likes : 1 times




My family members are not sharing my grandfathers property details to me. I was not aware of his entire property value and they are planning to sell the property. I don’t know whether I have rights in claiming my share in the property? How to find out the property details? Pls advise. My grand father property is in Tamil Nadu (Salem)







Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x