LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (ofcer)     01 March 2013

Parking space in housing soceity

Dear Sir, I live in a society in mumbai. There is no parking space alloted to every flat. Everyday it is like first come and first serve basis but still some flat owners have taken some permanent space for thier cars. I have requested the secratary of building many times but nothing has happened. What action can i take against the secratary. 

Learning

7 Replies

Rajendra Shrivastava (advocate)     05 March 2013

file a complaint before muncipal authority

Sheth (CEO)     10 September 2014

Ours is a CHS in Mumbai established in 1970. We have Stilts which are sold to members by the Society. Open spaces are also available and allocated for parking. These are not sold and belong to society.

Over the years we are having shortage of parking space and hence revamping the parking allocations evenly.

My question is: If we are following the bye laws to give top priority to accomodate 1st cars, and the balance being distributed amongst those having 2nd and 3rd....... How do you rate a person who owns a stilt. Does his car being parked in the self owned stilt be considered as his first car? OR does it still entitle him to get top priority for open space as a first car (which is actually his 2nd)

Society is charging uniform parking charges to stilt and open space users.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 September 2014

To Ramesh:

Under the Model Bye-laws the Society has to mark parking lots and allot them to members having cars on a first come first served basis. If the Society has failed in this duty you can complain to the Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies of your Ward. Generally the Registrar will forward your complaint to the Chairman/Secretary of the Society and ask for his reply. Based on his reply the Registrar will issue orders to take action as per the bye-laws. If doing all this you do not get results come here again. 

To Mr. Sheth:

The bye-laws say that parking space for a second car can be allotted only after the needs of others for their first cars are satisfied. On this principle those who own parking lots can be allotted only after the needs to park one car to those who do not own any parking lot are satisfied.

Sheth (CEO)     19 September 2014

Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree that 1st parking for all needs to be first satisfied. Where the issue is after the 1st list is satisfied and the space for 2nd are being alloted........do the 2nd cars of members having 1st car in owned stilts be considered as the 1st car for open?[Under consideration that the stilt is their own property hence society has not allotted them any space yet.Hence even their 2nd car is considered as 1st for open space] .

Which means that their [Stilt owner's] 2nd car gets higher priority than the 2nd car of a person who is parking 1st car in open.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 September 2014

All second car applicants are equal irrespective of whether their first cars are parked in parking lots owned by them or in parking lots obtained from Society by allotment on parking fee payment basis.

Rakesh Ranka (self employed)     19 June 2015

sir, i wanted to know that car parking on water tank is permissable or not ? our scty recently alloted 2 parking on water tanks to MC members.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     19 June 2015

I do not know whether there is a written law. But cars or other vehicles cannot be parked on underground tanks. You may write to the Managing Committee. If they do not heed you, you can write to the Municipal Corporation and fire department. While designing the roof of the water tank they may not take into account the weight of a vehicle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More