LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pramod   08 May 2016

Parents harshening wife

Dear Sir/Madam, I need your help to clear my rights if my parents harshening my wife for dowry and money. we fulfill their all requirement either it is financial or any other type. aster doing this they abusing my wife and told her bed words every-time. they told her that they will call police and fill complaint against us. they already sold property that is belong to our family. they already capture my wife ornaments also. Now what is my legal rights. I construct my house but they don't allow to construct. I mentally get harshening by my parents. still I don't want to make any arguments with them. please suggest possible solution if they fill any complain against me and my wife.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     08 May 2016

1) If u cannot argue with ur parents, quietly shift to another residence.

2) Ur wife can file 498A and DV cases against them.

3) If ur parents are senior citizens, then can lodge complaint against u for their non-maintenane and improper treatment.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     08 May 2016

If you are not depend on your parents then shift far from them and live tention free happy married life with your wife , for ornament asked them for that if they didn't give collect your respected relatives and then asked for if again they deny then file police complaint u/s 406ipc for criminal breach of trust, asked the police to returned her stridhan from your parents to her .

Pramod   08 May 2016

Dear Sirs,

Thanks for your valuable Guidance.

I don't want to go far from my parent because I am only one son of them. I just want they don't take such type action. Because I know we are treat them very well. If someone asks from our neighbor they will tell truth. We want that they stay with us we will take care about them but they stop to nonsense arguments. I already construct my house at same place with my own money. I know that no one take care about them at this stage. So just guide me if they fill such type complains can I suffer with any problem. Intensively they want to do this. Please help to understand my rights. 

Regards

Pramod 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 May 2016

Either you got to make your parents understand your position and arrive at a amicable solution or you have to proceed legally.so decide which way you want to go.if you want to proceed legally do as advised above by Mr venkat

Shekhar (Proprietor)     12 May 2016

Either have a cake or eat it. You can't do both.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register