Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arivarasu (Engineer)     03 January 2011

original sale deed missing

hello lawyers india,

i propose to buy a plot in vellore,TamilNadu.

unfortunately the owner of the land declares that he has somehow missed the original documents.

my question to the law experts is

1.What steps to be taken to consider the duplicate as original?

2.Can a duplicate agreement copy from regisrar office be considered as true copy?

3.Will I get a housing loasn with the same duplicate copy?

Kindly guide me law stalwarts

P.arivarasu,Vellore,TamilNadu

Learning

5 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     03 January 2011

u always have option of getting certified copy of the said original sale deed from the record of Sub-Registrar of Assurances if it was a registered one. A public notice will have to be issued in the newspaper having a circulation in ur area that said document is not treaceable and is not mortgaged with any person or institution or no security has been created on said sale deed. u can also get a declaration cum indemnity of the owner in that regard.

1 Like

Arivarasu (Engineer)     03 January 2011

thank you sir,

Kindly guide me whether iam eligible for bank loan to construct a house on that plot.

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     03 January 2011

Mr. Panchal has advised correctly, if no one claims any right on that property after publication of notification, you will have the clear title and surely you can get bank loan.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 January 2011

You can obtain the certified copy of the sale deed from the sub registrar.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     03 January 2011

U collect Certified copy of the documents from Registrar Office and take a title clear certificte from local lawyer then give a loan and Bank take a declaration from u.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register