LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha Hampihallikar (Student)     03 September 2015

Original registration papers

Dear Folks,

There is a case where the party has lost the registered agreement of the property in dispute. What can be done to get the original papers back or is there any other solution?

Please advise.


 6 Replies

Vikram sodha   03 September 2015

You have to inform police for the loss of papers. After that u have to apply for the certified copies from the sub registrar office. If u have any query u can contact me on 9979859835
1 Like

Aravind.K., (Consultancy)     03 September 2015

Hi Neha,

In addition to what Mr.Vikram advised, you will have to take out a paper publication (atleast two local newspapers where the property is situated, with one being local vernacular and another in English) about the loss of original property registration documents. 

Wish you good luck in your pursuit.


1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 September 2015

You have posted that:

"party has lost the registered agreement of the property in dispute."


Thus it is not property registration document!


However since it is registered agreement, the certified copy can be obtained.

1 Like

Neha Hampihallikar (Student)     03 September 2015

Thanks for your reply.

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     03 September 2015


Firstly: File a police complaint

Second: publish an advertisement in English and regional newspaper about the loss of property documents.

Third: Inform to the SRO –Stop for any future transactions of the particular property

Lastly: Apply for certified copies to SRO with the above information and you will get a legally-certified duplicate copy for your property.

Then he can proceed for sale process

Krishna Murthy Pasupula

Advocate- Hyderabad

1 Like

sharmila   05 September 2015

Sir my father died three years ago anf my mom mr n my elder sister are the legal heirs. Me n my sister are not in good terms .recently my sister has taken the original documents with he r.what should i do n what can she do using the original document.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query