LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayanta (Service)     03 January 2011

Opinion sought

There is change in ownership of proprietorship firm thru' notarised affidavit with retro-effect. What are the legal documents to be obtained by the person , who has placed order on that firm? As it is owned by an individual person and now being owned by another individual, both might not be on the same platform in terms of profesional expertise, financial capability etc?

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayanta

Learning

2 Replies

Anand Prakash Bajpai (Sr.Manager)     04 January 2011

Dear Sir,In June I met an accident with a bike while driving my car.The person who was on the bike was a local person of that area and accumulated peoples and said that he was well and i will have to give him the repair charges of the bike which he asked for 15000 Rs.even his bike was in running condition.No complaint was lodged neiither by him nor by me.But after some days he called me up saying he had suffered some injuries and is getting traeted for that in a hospital.He actually was in a hospital that i confirmrd.But as i left the job and hence contact no. for him was missed and hence for 6 months he did not contacted me.Again a fortnight back he saw me in the market and caught me with his 10-12 peoples and threatened me that he had spent 60000 Rs.which he had spent and if i dont pay tht to him i will have to face the consequences.He's the local person hence i left that place.He called me up again and threatened me to be prepared for the consequences.Also he said that he would go for legal side .What can he do as till now no FIR has been lodged by either of us and 6 months have passsed.How do i proceed.Pls help

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     08 January 2011

If it is a Partnership firm , it has to be registered under Indian Partnership Act. Mere signing before the Notory is not enough. If it is a registered Partnership then only you can enforce  your rights. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register