Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishi kumar   11 October 2017

Op delaying petitioners cross examination.

Today was the final date for petitioners cross examination( I am the petitioner and I have applied for divorce/ nullify) .OP lawyer told the judge orally that 4 witnesses from a different state will have to arrive so needs time.  in spite of my lawyer telling the judge that petitioner 1 is present, the judge smilingly gave date for the next month. I filed for divorce in April 2016. And the OP objected after about 15 months asking for dismissal of the divorce petition. Since my estranged wife can't get married to another man, ( this time they will be booked for fraud if they did that) may be they are deploying this arm twisting tactics so that we bow down and pay up. 

This case getting delayed because of judge transfers, trainings and so on in addition to OP tactics. Do agree that there are cases that date back to even 2007 in the court I attend. Feeling sorry about it. 

OP is delaying due to another reason. They don't have any substance to cross me. So is there any way  I can do something to speed up the case. I know all the litigants will ask the same question. Still can some one find time to answer my question. Thanking you all

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     11 October 2017

Your lawyer needs to be firm in this case and point out the exact number of dates that the cross, despite being scheduled, has not taken place.  The presence of witness at the time of your cross is not required. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register