LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautam Law (Student)     07 October 2013

Only a single water connection has been provided by builder

Dear Sir/Ma'am,


I live in a residential society where there are total 176 flats in 3 wings. The property falls under the Pune Municipal Corporation's limit. We have only one connection for water with a very low pressure, due to which we are forced to hire the water tankers and pay them in lakhs per month.

Kindly advise how can we rectify this.


1) We all pay the water charges which is combined with the Property tax. If we do not use water from PMC, why should we pay the water supply charges?

2) Is there any specific law related to the water supply, which mentions that single water connection of 1 inch diameter of pipe can accomodate only 30 people.

3) Can't we take an action against the Builder/Promoter as the adequate water supply is not been provided?

4) PMC does not guarantee the water supply before approving any project for Construction?

What can we do to acquire more connections.


Kindly advise





 1 Replies

Sonia Verma (Lawyer)     10 October 2013

Hi Gautam


I will suggest you to refer your agreement which postulates amenities from builders end at the time of giving possession. It will specify if there was any specific commitment made by the builder in this connection. Secondly, if you have a society then you could address this issue before the president and raise an objection and seek adequate remedy.

You can also check with a senior counsel in Pune who will know the exact rules and procedure governing such issues in this area. You can find such lawyers with help of and get complete solution for your problem.


I hope this will help.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query