LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Online harassment by uncle

As I am concerned about my uncle's invasion of my private life, i am re-posting this query by changing the username. Please be kind enough to help me out.

in early 2014, my uncle played emotional games with my family (including my grandmom, who is his mom). It devastated the family and i had an outburst on email, where i slandered him and asked him to never contact us again. In his entire life, no one had hurt him like I did, because of which he filed an NC against me and threatened to file a case u/s 507 against me. After dozens of apologies from my and my family's side, he did not file.

in early 2017 (after 3 years!!), he started to threaten me again with that email which I had written in anger and which I had apologized for a dozen times. He said that he has not forgotten all that and he will still file a case if he wishes to.

in 2017, he threated to send an email to my workplace (where my reputation is good, but could be damaged because of all this), he said on email that the foul language i used must be something that i learnt from my mother, and repeatedly kept sending threat emails, saying that he will surely give me a legal answer to my angry email on him. (Lawyers that i have talked to have assured that he cannot file any case on me based on the content that i have written.)

Yesterday, he stalked my Quora answer where I had written: "I hate that people stand up for criminals like Salman." To this, he sent another threat email saying that he will share this with Salman Khan (i had not mentioned Khan) and get me arrested for calling someone a criminal although not proven in the court of law.

My father is scared of the word legal case and he knows this. Also, since my grandmom (his mom) is scared to take any action against him, he calls her and fights with her and harasses her thoroughly whenever he is upset (which is many a times the case). Her health is falling because of this.

I am thoroughly stressed by his behaviour and condescending tactics. I wish to deal with this legally and block him from our lives permanently. Please suggest a legal way of keeping this man at bay (complaint or court case or any such thing). My wedding is coming up in 4 months and since my father and grandmom are scared to take legal action (he knows this), he will surely keep disrupting our peace and cause us mental harassment by crossing several boundaries.


 6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     11 July 2017

You must have courage to face the situation. The limitation for filing the case has already expired. If you have posted a query without mention the name of the parties then it is difficult to prove that the referred persons are the concern parties. If he against threatened you then lodge a complaint with police. A person will scare you till you permit him to do so. So take a stand. In case of need you may consult. 

1 Like


Sincere thanks for helping me out.

Concerned parties are my uncle and myself. He has been harassing us in 1001 different ways sine 25 years. My father is an extra-ordinarily forgiving and patient man and his brother (my uncle) has been extraordinarily jealous. But i will not talk about the things i cannot prove in any way apart from possible feedback from relatives who have witnessed his mental and psychological tortures on my family.

He is a sort of a person who will make mud look cleaner, when it comes to harming someone. He thinks he is God, because nobody has ever spoken against him and he has done his will for years. I am afraid that he will do his best to ruin my fiance's family's peace along too. I don't want that to happen, but i do not know how to take a legal action against him.

What will a police complaint entail? Is there any way i can completely block him from coming to our house, calling any of us (including his own mother who lives with us) and writing any email or message to me?


u phack online?

to oncle?


I am sorry, sir. I don't understand what you mean. 

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     13 July 2017

You may call on my mobile 9811776422


Thank you very much kind sir.

i am in talks with my family to discuss about the plan of action. Once it is decided, i will certainly call you.

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query